Sunday, June 04, 2006

Just being Dad

Being Dad is special.

Being Dad means I get to spend time with my family. Sometimes we do fun stuff like go on vacation,
we play in the yard,
and sometimes we just sit around.

The other day I got to sit and listen to some of my favorite music, and rock my two littlest kids to sleep. What dad could ask for more?

I know a lot of times I have to work, and there are times when my kids want to do something with me and I have other things to do. Sometimes I have to convince myself that whatever is keeping from my family is 'more important', or 'has to be done now'. That's why I get up before dawn and try my best to get home from work at a decent hour. I don't want to miss the time we can do stuff.

Some dads have a favorite chair, a favorite sport they like to do, or to even to go out with the guys and have some fun. Some dads enjoy shaping their kids in their image, or giving them 'everything I never had'. But you know, I have a very best thing about being a dad...











No comments: