We tried to go to Tennessee right after Christmas, but the whole family got sick. It broke my heart to have to cancel on Miracle, but we had no choice. We had not had a vacation for a long time, and then we were hours from leaving. But not this time.
We left for Tennessee Thursday night about 11:15. We made it to Pigeon Forge just after noon on Friday. That's a long time to be stuck in the van. It's kinda' like a long flight in Coach seating - trust me. "Why did it take so long?" you ask. Well, every couple hours we had to stop for a couple hours so Sam could nurse. I tried to nap during the stops, but it was barely enough to keep me going. And I still had trouble right around sunrise. That's my danger zone. (What's odd is that I am usually driving to work at that time) Ranelle and Grace were in and out of sleep, but Miracle slept well enough for everyone. I think she slept through 1 or 2 pit nursing stops without even knowing it.
Anyway, Miracle got to swim - her reason to go on vacation, and Grace had her first swim. At first, she was a bit freaked out...

...but she figured it out.

We have not actually done much, for us it's a pretty laid-back vacation. We did make it to the aquarium. So we've eaten, swam, and looked at fish. Here's a few shots.


And here's a bonus shot of Grace at The Alabama Grill.
1 comment:
Oh, people keep asking me why we go to Tennessee so often. Usually, I say something like, "It's not work." But I do know one thing for certain I like about the southern states that you don't get here.
I can go into a restaurant at 6:00 am and order a sweet tea, and nobody bats an eye. That's my kinda hospitality.
Post a Comment