This is Grace's current favorite song. She sings, "'Appy 'appy 'appy 'appy" and then claps her hands a few times. She looks at you like, "Aren't I great?" and then waits for you to join in. It's really cute to hear her. We also sing "If you're happy and you know it clap your feet, pat your belly, clap your knees, etc. It's a great way to learn body parts!
Her shoe fascination has not lessened. I think it might even be worse. She wants to wear her "ooeess" all the time. And if she can't wear them, well then she'll play with them. She's crazy about her shoes!
Sam is growing. He now weighs 9 pounds 5 ounces and is 22 inches long. He still has stick arms and legs, but he's got a milk belly. We started feeding him rice cereal before bedtime. We're hoping it will help him sleep longer. I have started making him wait 3 hours between feedings. Keep in mind he was eating every 2 hours, from when he started! He can eat for an hour, so all I was doing was feeding this child, 24 hours a day! Plus, he wants to be held all the time. It doesn't matter if he's awake or asleep. He wants to be held. And I was okay with that because he snuggles up under my chin and feels so good. I say he's a little pillbug because of the way he curls up into a ball. So now we must undo what we have done. We are going to start letting him fuss, just a little at a time. I'm not sure I can do it. Well, probably at night I can. I really miss sleeping. Some nights I let him sleep on my chest just so I can get some sleep. Plus, he doesn't like to burp. That upsets his belly which makes him not sleep. I really miss sleeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment