Monday, October 10, 2005

And the days go on...

Happy Columbus Day !!!

Today we celebrate the founding of the North World. Was this the founding of America, well, no. Was this the founding of a previously uninhabited land, well, no. This is, however an important day in our history. We are not celebrating in any special way this year. Ranelle did realize how different this Columbus Day is compared to last year. Last year she was in school, Miracle was in school, I was off work (and probably got nothing done around the house) and Grace was still in China (and only 2 months old). What a difference a day makes.

Tomorrow, we complete the Ohio adoption process. Grace is ours, and forever will be. She's an American citizen. However with the Ohio adoption, comes her official American name, an English birth certificate, and a slew of other 'perks'. We will be there, with Miracle of course, as will Ranelle's and my parents. If we get pictures, I'll post them tomorrow evening.

It will be weird. She's with us, and we already had official meetings in China. Now we get to do it again. As we understand it, we will go to court and go over our petition for adoption. Then the judge (with the court reporter and such) will talk to Ranelle by herself. Then he'll talk to me by myself. This is done in case Ranelle or I am forcing the other to go through with this adoption. It's hard for me to imagine this kind of coercion, but I guess there's a reason for them to do this. Then it will all be done.

Anyway... we've discussed how Grace has changed since she's joined our family. I can't show you how she's changed in mannerisms or abilities, but I can show you a couple shots so you can see, she has really grown.

No comments: