Thursday, April 14, 2005

Today, I have thought of Grace so much. She was on my mind this morning when Mike woke me before leaving for work. I couldn't get back to sleep, my thoughts were filled with her. I think if her every day, but sometimes it seems more, I don't know, intense.
It was before 7:00, and I wondered what Grace was doing. Miracle was in bed asleep; her day had not yet begun. Grace's day was ending. Was she having her dinner? Was she having a bath? How much longer would she be up? Her days are the exact opposite of ours, time-wise. She seems so far away sometimes.
When I think about her, and how she's not here yet, I also think about when she is here. One day, I'll be the one getting her last bottle. I'll be giving her a bath, rocking her, reading to her, tucking her into bed. Sometimes she seems so very close.

No comments: