You know how sometimes you know you need to do something, but you really don't want to, and so you put it off as long as you can?
I've been doing that lately.
There was this cake I needed to order and a gift I needed to purchase and a blog post I needed to write, and I just kept procrastinating. If I didn't do these things, maybe it wouldn't happen.
But it did.
The cake is ordered, the gift is purchased, and here's the blog post.
Today's the day.
Eighteen years ago, (I feel like crying just typing those words) she entered our world and we have never been the same...
We have fumbled and stumbled our way through teething and potty training, learning to tie shoes and tell time, choices and consequences, friendship dramas and drama on the stage. We have read 42,973 bedtime stories. We have eaten candy for breakfast on Christmas morning. We have traveled halfway around the world to bring home a baby sister. We've had sword fights in the hallway and disasters in the kitchen. We've laughed so hard tears streamed down our faces and our stomachs hurt. We've cried when our hearts hurt because of a horrific loss.
I've apologized to her many times, as she is our guinea pig.( Anybody who tells you they knew the right thing to do every time is either a liar, a fool, or both. ) So many times I would look at Mike and say, "Well, now we know not to do that with the next one." And somehow, she turned out just fine.
That's not quite true. She didn't turn out "just fine."
She turned out amazing.
She's funny and kind and scary-smart. She's talented and beautiful and has such a tender heart. She's crazy about her brother and sister (although most days she will deny it). She's creative and impulsive. She has a true servant's heart. And most importantly, she loves Jesus most of all.
I've never been able to figure out why God blessed me with this child.
I'm just so very glad He did.
Happy Birthday, Miracle. I love you so much.


1 comment:
You made me cry with that post!
I know this is late (sorry I was in a self-absorbed world for awhile).
Happy Birthday to not just Miracle, but A miracle!
Post a Comment