Apparently our youngest children are truth-challenged.
By this I mean they tell lies.
And the thing is, they lie about stupid, little, inconsequential things. Things that are easily proven to be false.
I know this is a kid thing. We went through it with Miracle and today she is so honest that, at times, it's painful. If you don't want an honest answer, do not ask Miracle.
So I know this will pass. It's something we have to work through, constantly reinforcing the concept that lying is not acceptable. It's not something anyone should do. It's something Jesus doesn't want us to do.
I so hate this stage.
I see hope at the end of the tunnel, at least with Grace, however. Tonight she lied about something she said she didn't do but actually did (make sense?). I think she actually understood that if she had told the truth, she would not have been in trouble. The only reason she was in trouble was because of the lie. Yes! Progress!
Then I asked her if she was going to stop telling lies.
sniffle, sniffle, sniffle.
"Maybe."
Will you at least try?
sniffle, sniffle, sniffle.
"I don't know."
sigh.
At least she was honest.
No comments:
Post a Comment