Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving is Dead to Me

For the past, oh probably five or six years, someone (usually me) has been sick on or around Thanksgiving. I spent one Thanksgiving vomiting then breaking out into hives and going to the ER. The year I was pregnant with Sam, the smell of turkey and gravy made me ill (more vomiting). Two years ago, more vomiting. My family celebrated without me (again).

This year I am the only one not sick.

Mike has had a bug for a week now. Grace and Sam are running fevers and coughing (and Sam has an ear infection), and Miracle has the flu.

I've got everything I need to fix a Thanksgiving meal but ya know what? I'm not doing it because no one really feels like eating it.

Right now I don't care about the Pilgrims and how difficult everything was for them and how they were helped by the natives Peoples.

I. Just. Do. Not. Care.

Thanksgiving is dead to me.

1 comment:

Tausha said...

I hear this every year. :-)

Its not that big of a holiday for me. The people I have Thanksgiving with I already see all the time. I don't like turkey. I do love pumpkin pie but I can get it a The Show so a month later when it's Thanksgiving it has lost it's appeal.