Sam came into the bedroom this morning and when I opened my eyes I saw this

looking back at me.
I was horrified. He had red spots all over his face. Further investigation confirmed they were ALL OVER HIS BODY.
So, I grabbed a shower and loaded him into the van for a return trip to the acute care clinic in town (I knew they were opened today because they had a sign on the door when I was there last Thursday and this past Tuesday).
While I was in the shower, Mike got online and started looking up rashes. Just let me say upfront, that was a very bad choice. The only thing he could find that looked like what Sam had and fit his symptoms was MEASLES! Needless to say, I freaked out all the way to town.
It turns out the Prince is allergic to Ammoxicillan. It was what the doc prescribed for Sam's ear infection last week. He had never had it before and so we had no way of knowing. So he now has a different prescription and a week's wait for the rash to go away. And, his ear is still red and bulging. Apparently, in addition to being allergic to it, it was ineffective also.
He came home, ate a little lunch, then wanted to lay down with me on my bed (something we never do). Grace ate some chocolate pudding then went to bed. Less than 30 minutes later, she threw up her chocolate pudding.
It's never ending.
So, how was your Thanksgiving?
No comments:
Post a Comment