Young children are apt to mis-pronounce words. I know this and I expect this. But I think Grace takes it to a completely new level.
Grace has been after me for a while know to get her some head bands. She had found Miracle's old ones and tried them on. Unfortunately for her, Miracle has a bigger head, so they wouldn't stay up where they belong. So today, while we were shopping for our shoebox items, she found some headbands that were just her size. Since we were at the Dollar Tree (everything for one dollar!!), I told her she could have them. She immediately wanted them on her head, but I told her she needed to wait until we got home. So, when we got home, she wanted her "head bandit" so she could be "so beautiful."
She's always saying things like that, and we have to laugh. She used to ask us if we were going to get "grocerlies" and lately she's been telling me she "has a sick."
Speaking of shoe boxes (great segue, huh?) it's that time of year again. Our church is a drop off point this year, and Miracle is helping out Monday and Tuesday. We do three boxes each year, one for each child. Let me tell you, it's fun. Miracle and I have a great time trying to squeeze as much as we can into each shoe box. If you've never done it, you should check out Samaritan's Purse. We've done it for several years now, and we look forward to it. I can't wait until Sam and Grace start helping with the gift selections.
No comments:
Post a Comment