I can't believe it's been two years that you've been gone.
We miss you, and think about you. I find myself saying, "Well you know what Uncle Joe would say" quite a lot. Usually it's something profound like, "It'll put hair on your chest," or something about Omar the Tent Maker.
You would be so proud of your family. Peggy has gone back to school. She's verging on a freak out about it, but I know she'll be fine. She's still working at Food Town and tormenting her customers every chance she gets. She misses you an awful lot, and sometimes she still cries. But she's stronger than she knows.
Leslie and Rick got the house remodeled. It looks really nice. They did a good job, and you would like it. There's a big hole in the floor for the basement, just like you used to have. I guess some things never change, huh?
Sydney's birthday party was Saturday. I can't believe she's six already. We got to go roller skating. Well, I didn't actually skate, because of the whole falling down thing, but I watched everyone else. It was the first time Sam and Grace had ever been skating.
Jenny and DJ got moved into their house, finally. Mya is almost two, and so beautiful. She looks so much like her mom.
Miracle is twelve now. She's figuring out how to be a young lady. She's so beautiful, Joey. Do you remember the time you guys were babysitting for us, and Miracle wouldn't stop crying? You had to go to Chillicothe for something. and she cried the whole way. And the louder she cried, the louder you turned up the radio.
You wouldn't recognize Grace. She's a chattering four year old. Sometimes, I think she doesn't even stop to draw a breath. She just keeps on talking and talking. But she's smart and funny and she loves her family. Plus, if you ask her, "Where'd you get your pretty face?" she'll answer, "From Mommy." See, beauty and brains.
I wish I could see you with Sam. Oh, you would make him even more rotten than he already is. He's such a boy. He loves cars and bikes and airplanes, dogs and sticks and dirt. But he has such a tender heart.
We love you, Joey, and we can't wait to see you again. Maybe you'll have some new West Virgina jokes for mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment