Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oh What a Day

I'll trade you days.

Well, I guess that would be difficult, seeing as how the day in question is yesterday. Kind've hard to trade, huh?

So, we're potty training Sam. Monday was great. Sure, there were wet pants, but it was the first day. Almost each time I took him, he did his thing. I was ecstatic! This was going to be a piece of cake. Why was I so freaked out?

Then yesterday happened.

Pee in the potty? How do you do that?

Wet pants? Every time.

My dreams were shattered.

And, to make things even better, I found a TICK on Sam's blankets!

Aren't you just jealous?

So ,I called Mike and told him we were leaving when he got home, and bug bombs would be released in the house.

Now, we've never done this before. I didn't realize what all this entailed.

We had to leave for two hours, come back, open windows, then leave for another hour.

But, before all that, there were lots of things to drag out toys and put in bags.

So we wouldn't have to wipe them all down, we dragged the toys and toy boxes out onto the back porch. Then we stripped the beds and stuffed all the bedding into trash bags. The bags were then tossed into a closet. Boxes of tissues, paper towels, napkins, knives, and computers were stashed wherever we could find room.

The joy seemed never ending.

But, at least I got dinner out at Red Lobster.

No comments: