Wednesday, November 28, 2007

There Was a Little Boy...


who had a little button on the top of his head. And whenever one of his parents would place their hand upon said button, the little boy would take a bite of food.

I know, I know, you think I'm insane. What else is new? But in this case it's no less than the truth.

About Sam's head, not my sanity or lack thereof.

We sometimes have to argue with Sam about eating. He'll decide he doesn't want to, we tell him he has to, he yells, we yell. It's lovely.

But then we discovered the magic button.

In the interest of full disclosure I should say I discovered the button. I don't know what made me do it, but instead of arguing with him one time, I put my hand on top of his head. He opened his mouth right up and took a bite of whatever it was he was supposed to be eating.

It still works to this day. Mike had to use it just this evening during supper.

But the really funny part is, Sam now does it to himself. He'll put his own hand on top of his head and then feed himself a bite. It cracks us up every time.

No comments: