It has been a full week now since we reverted back to Eastern Standard Time.
I hate time changes.
I don't care if we're "jumping forward" or "falling back." I'm an equal opportunity hater.
I mean, really, why exactly are we still doing this? How much time have you "saved" over the past however-many-years? Shouldn't we have a surplus of time by now? Saving leads to surplus, correct? Well, that's what they tell me. I have yet to see it, however.
At our house, the only thing the time change brings is grouchiness and chaos. It's been especially bad this time. Sam has not adjusted well at all. He's been waking up any time between 5:00 and 6:00 each morning. And he doesn't want to go back to sleep. So, by the time lunch rolls around he is 1) starving, and 2) falling asleep in his plate. He's ready for bed by about 7:00, but we try our best to keep him going until 8:00. Sometimes we succeed, sometimes we don't.
Anyway, I had someone tell, me one time (and he grew up on a farm so he would know) that farmers don't adjust their schedules. They do the feeding and milking and whatever at the same time all year round. The clock may say a different time, but it's really not.
I hate time changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment