Before you ask, no, I am not pregnant again. I wouldn't be so calm if I were. No, the newest member of our family weighs about five pounds, has a tail and whiskers.
We have been adopted by a stray cat. She's a tiger-stripe, maybe a year old. She showed up on our back porch late last week. We waited to see if she was going to stick around or find somewhere else to live. She stayed, so we now have two cats; Charlie, who lives inside, and Urgo, who lives outside. We haven't taken her picture yet, so I can't show you what she looks like.
I have exciting Grace news. She went to her Sunday school class by herself last Sunday!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!! We didn't think that day would ever come. We had a hard time just getting her into the classroom at first, and that was with one of us staying with her. She gradually got better about it, but one of us still had to stay with her. Last Sunday, we left her. And she didn't freak out!!
I need some advice about Sam. I don't know what to do with this boy! He will not stay out of stuff. Every day he gets scolded for getting Grace's socks and eating them. He also gets the oven mits out and drags them all over the house. If he's in my bedroom, he gets my slippers and tries to escape with them. He gets into Miracle's book case and throws books all over her floor. Now, I should say he gets more than scolded. We've been smacking his fingers. We've even moved on to swatting his bottom. He persists in doing exactly what he knows he's not supposed to - like playing with the potty. I am at my wit's end. Any ideas would be appreciated.
1 comment:
My advice: in a few years (roughly 17)he will go off to college and then you will only have to worry about him getting into things and things coming up missing when he is on break from college. Until then, keep strong in the struggle!
:-)
tausha
Post a Comment