Saturday, April 14, 2007

A Man Ahead of His Time

Anyone that has been around me for long knows I have an interesting way of creating a meal. A few years ago, our church was having a yard sale/cook out. Ever since then, I have been harassed about my choice of lunches. All I did was take a bun, a freshly grilled bratwurst, and a piece of fish from the fish fry. I mean, what's wrong with a fish-brat?

Anyway, for those interested, I'm not just some wacko that should be ignored. The masses have spoken, and they have said - "Give me a fish-brat!"

We, as a family, occasionally watch the Food Network. I've seen ads for The Hungry Detective, but had never watched it. Today, Sam was sleeping on my lap and it was a slow TV day, so I watched. What I saw made me call one of my harassers, but Kory wasn't home. So, I had Ranelle witness the meal they were eating. There is a place in Philadelphia that serves a breakfast sandwich with a fried sausage and a fish patty on a bun. Yes, you read right - fish-brats for breakfast!!

For those questioning my sanity, you can read all about it yourself on the Food Network.

hmmmm. My stomach is growling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fish-brats for breakfast. I'd love that.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/