Thursday, March 29, 2007

They Melt My Heart

My children.



Grace and Sam are playing. I'm not really sure what they're playing. I don't think they do either. They're running back and forth between the kitchen and living room, laughing like hyenas. Each has a Dora friendship bracelet hanging out of their mouth. Only Charlie and Miracle are needed to complete the insanity.



Sometimes they fight - already. I thought I would have a little more time before that began. Sam will do something that totally outrages Grace; "Sam - oooollllll!!!" He rarely seems to be bothered or impressed by her. Unless she tries to take a toy away from him. Then he squawks. Loudly. Repeatedly. Unceasingly. When he gets a little more steady on his feet I fear Grace will be the one getting knocked down. Poor thing. She wants so badly to be the boss of someone.




Sometimes they sit together on the floor and play together. No fighting. No screaming. No wildness. They play blocks or Pop Onzs. They cook together on the kitchen set. Well, Grace cooks. Sam eats the utensils.



I hope- I pray- that they will always be close. I pray they will learn to depend on one another, to stand up for one another. I want them to be friends as well as siblings.

No comments: