We're on the last week of our Spring break. As of next Monday we will have only 8 weeks of school left. Hooray for us!! The weather is blah outside today, not a lot is happening, so I thought I'd share a few random things.
1. Yesterday was a beautiful day. It was warm and sunny, almost 70. We haven't seen weather like that in quite a while. Deciding we couldn't stay inside, I loaded up Grace and Sam and we headed for the zoo. It was wonderful. After three hours of looking and pointing and discussing we were pretty tired, so we got back into the car and headed to my sister's. We kidnapped her and had dinner at Red Robin. Then, we stopped at DQ on the way home. A perfect day.
2. Mike is in NYC this week. He has to go, on average, once a year. He doesn't like it (flying is not his thing), and we don't like it either. Thankfully, he comes home tomorrow.
3. On the way home from the airport Monday, Miracle made a startling discovery. "In 6 months I will be 18." I had to text Mike about that when I got home. It was the first thing he saw when he turned his phone back on at the end of his flight. Why should I keep all that wonderfulness to myself?
4. Sam turns 8 in 11 days. That hardly seems possible.
5. Grace will be 10 this August. She gets a party this year. We're going to a local park that has an amazing playground and a splash pad.
6. I'm having dinner with a friend tonight. Just us, no kids. I am really looking forward to it.
That's pretty much all I can think of. I guess I didn't have as much to talk about as I thought.
1 comment:
Thanks for kidnapping me...it was great and I really enjoyed it. :)
Post a Comment