Wednesday, November 09, 2011

The Time, It Does Pass Quickly

It seems I blinked and October was over. Now it is almost the middle of November and I simply can't believe it. Next week Miracle will be helping with Operation Christmas Child collections at our church. We actually had to have a discussion about it this afternoon to ascertain that, yes, next week was collection week. This will be her fifth year helping. Oh! And we had a college visit last week. She was thrilled and I am trying to convince myself she's really not that old.

Time goes by too quickly.

Grace is still loving second grade. Chapel is still her favorite part. She has a best friend at school who is the daughter of a guy Mike was friends with in high school. Weird, huh? Let's see, what else...She was advanced a level at dance. She's now strictly ballet, no tap involved. And she's wearing a black leotard instead of pink. Ugh. Too much growing up.

Samuel has completed kindergarten math and begun first grade math. He took his first timed addition quiz this week and got all of them correct. It was zeroes, of course, but still...he's definitely got his daddy's math brain. We have only four more weeks of reading and then he's completely finished with kindergarten. He is still amazed at the things I know and is convinced that mommy does, indeed, know everything. He also gives the best hugs in the world.

I found what was causing my migraine-like headaches. Apparently I needed glasses. Yes, after 39 years my eyes are no longer what they were. Oh, and I joined a gym. So now on Tuesday and Thursday morning I spend an hour to and hour and a half torturing myself with cardio and lifting. On Wednesday afternoon it's just cardio. I am such a sucker for punishment.

But I'll look great at the beach next summer!

No comments: