Sam and I went to town today. It was just the two of us, no sisters involved. We went to a couple stores to pick up a few things. We had lunch at Steak-N-Shake. We picked up his pictures and then we came home.
He was desperate to play "the dragon game" (Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly) so I was able to deal with his pictures without his help. I got the wall portrait down and took off the back. There staring at me was a nine month old, round-faced, wavy haired Sam.
I flipped through the pictures, documenting his evolution from chubby cheeked baby to tall kindergartener. It was a trip down memory lane, seeing the changes he has gone through, changes I didn't see as they were happening. I look at them now, though, and my heart hurts a little. At the time it seemed an eternity, but I realize now he was little for only an instant.
The one that really got me was his most recent picture. He's standing beside the number 5, one foot propped on the base, one hand on the top, the other in his pocket. His eyes are sparkling and he has a huge smile on his face. He looks like he's ready to grab life and run with it. I look at that picture and I can see glimpses of the man he will become.
He is going to be amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment