Wednesday, December 08, 2010

I Thought They Had Lost the Ability to Surprise Me

My children, I believe, enjoy coming up with new and more disgusting things to do. Take last night for instance.

I was sound asleep. Mike woke me up by saying, "Sam threw up in his sleep. I need you to come help me."

I am not the best waker-upper in the world and usually my comprehension isn't what it should be. I was actually out into the hallway before I could even begin to understand what he had said. Then he opened the door and the full horror of it hit me.

Sam was on the top bunk. He had indeed vomited in his sleep! I will probably never understand how this happened as Sam usually freaks out when he throws up. But he was still sleeping deeply, as was Grace. And there was vomit everywhere.

It was on his face, his jammies, and his comforter. It had soaked through his pillow down through the sheets onto the mattress. It was down in the frame of the bed. It was on Grace's comforter and mattress, and on the floor. It was also on Mike's foot because he stepped in it. It kind've reminded me of the barf-o-rama in Stand by Me.

Anyway, we finally got everyone and everything cleaned up and back to sleep. Grace and Sam wound up in Miracle's room on the floor. Sam threw up again in the living room, so there was really no other place to put them.

Anyway, hopefully today will be better. And maybe I can catch a nap.

No comments: