Grace started dance class last Saturday.
Mike and I had discussed it for a long time, but we never actually did anything about it. Grace is a whirly-twirly girl, so we thought she would like it. Plus, anything that could even remotely help her to be more coordinated would be a good thing. (Unfortunately, she's a lot like her Aunt Peggy and falls down an awful lot.) She's also very, very clingy to me. She only asks me to do things for her, or take her places, or whatever, not even her dad is asked unless I make her. So, having to be with other grown ups would surely be good also.
As with all things new, she was hesitant. We went to a class on Thursday night just to watch. She sat on my lap the entire time and wouldn't talk to the instructor unless I made her. Her class would be Saturday morning, so we had a while to talk about it, the kinds of things she would be doing, how she had to listen to the teacher and actually ANSWER her questions. Her only caveat was that mommy had to be with her.
Well guess what? Mommy did not go into class with her. I took her into the studio, but then I went into the waiting area with Miracle. We were able to watch on monitors, so I got to see that she was actually PARTICIPATING!! It was truly amazing.
She had to go to the potty about half way through the class. She ran past the door and shouted, "I'm not done having fun yet!" When we were in the bathroom (leotards are tricky you know), she told me she had to go back to her class and have MORE FUN!!
So ,dance class was a success. Now, she not only asks how many sleeps until she can go to her class at church, but also how many sleeps until she goes to her new class and can dance.
No comments:
Post a Comment