Wednesday, September 19, 2007

An End of an Era

Okay, maybe it's nothing quite that dramatic. It is a big deal for our family. Well, it's a big day for me, anyway. I'm not sure anyone else noticed what happened or the significance.

I took apart the crib this morning.

For the last time.

It has a long history in our family. We bought it from JC Penney's when Miracle was a baby. She slept in it until she graduated to a toddler bed. My niece, Leslie, used it for two of her babies. I dragged it out of storage and put it together for Grace to use. It seemed like she wasn't in it any time at all. It stood empty, waiting for her, longer than she actually used it. And then Sam slept in it.

And now it's disassembled, leaning against the closet doors in Sam's room. We don't need it any longer. Sam is a big boy in a toddler bed. Grace shares bunk beds with Miracle.

We no longer have a baby in the house!!

I will admit, part of me is a smidge sad about that. However, the much larger part of me is doing cartwheels all over this house.

Now, if only someone will come potty train my son...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I actually celebrated when we no longer go to Costco to get a bulk of diapers.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

http://www.mikeleonen.com/