Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Out of the Mouth of Grace


I had forgotten how funny little ones can be. Most of the time it's unintentional, but they're funny just the same. Grace is no exception.

We were having dinner last night (always an exciting experience) and Grace finished before the rest of us. She climbed down from her chair, wandered around the living room for a while, then came back into the kitchen. She comes over to me with her arms outstretched , "Upupupupupupupupupuu." So I get her onto my lap. About that time, she passed gas. Her dad and sister laughed (at me, I think), and I settled Grace in. Then, the smell hit me. "Oh, Grace! You smell!" Her reply? "Yeah mommy. It smell good!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. My 3-year old once explained why Mommy sprays air refresher in the family van.

"Because Daddy makes put-put when he drives," he said. Put-put is my 3-year old's way to describe passing gas.

"And Mommy sprays lots and lots and lots."


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/